New opportunities for Co-operatives. ICA Global research conference, Finland 24-27 aout 2011
The International Co-operative Alliance is an independent, non-governmental organisation which unites, represents and serves co-operatives worldwide. ICA Global Research Conference is devoted to exploring the latest innovations in practice and research in different fields of co-operative and social economy.The conference is open to researchers from all disciplines, as well as to practitioners from both private and public enterprises, and civil society organizations.
Participants are invited to share their research results on co-operative theory and practice, on both achievements and failures. The conference will provide a forum to exchange ideas on research needs and will be an ideal environment in which to develop collaborative partnerships.
It also aims to enhance communication between researchers and practitioners – leaders, managers and promoters of co-operative development - who will have much to contribute to the round-table sessions on critical business issues, on opportunities for co-ops to fulfill public service needs, and on policy initiatives to further ecologically, economically and socially sustainable development.
Conference themes are :
- Co-operative diversity and different types of success
- The role and promotion of co-operatives in a global context
- Shared leadership and membership communities
- The green economy and co-operative societies
- Multidisciplinary teaching and research on co-operatives
- Innovative co-operative solutions (oriented for promoters of co-operatives)